In Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, players will take on the roleof a hunter that joins up with a traveling caravan to explore new landsand towns along the way. This grand adventure will include hundreds ofquests to take on a variety of extraordinary creatures that yieldvaluable resources used for weapons and equipment. Launching onNintendo 3DS, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate represents the biggestleap forward ever for the series, with more new content and excitingfeatures than ever before. Also, for the first time ever for the MonsterHunter series on a handheld system, players will be able to join upwith friends over the internet via the Nintendo Network, as well as thepreviously available local wireless option.
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will take players to new heights,literally, with the introduction of more vertical and lateral movementthan ever. An expanded repertoire of actions will create more dynamichunting experiences with fluid climbing motions and the ability to jumpattack from walls or ledges. In addition, players will be able to rideatop a monster for a limited time as they hang on and deliver attacks.With the addition of two new weapon classes, challenging new monstersand numerous locales, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will be themost robust hunting experience yet.
- Online play – Connect with up to three other huntersonline over the Nintendo Network for the first time ever, or localwireless, to join up and take down larger than life beasts.
- Two new weapon classes – The Insect Glaive is a long stafftype weapon accompanied by a powerful flying insect which can becustomised with various attributes: the Charge Blade is a hybrid thatswitches between a sword and shield or axe mode, with the ability tocollect energy from attacks to charge up and unleash powerful attacks.The 12 previous weapon types have also been updated with modificationsto moves or combos.
- More vertical environments – The action expands with morefluid climbing motions and the addition of jump attacks from walls orledges.
- Virus effect – Monsters are even more threatening, with anew feral effect which makes them stronger and more vicious than intheir normal state.
- New gameplay mechanic – For the first time ever, hop on tomonsters and hold on to deliver a burst of attacks.
- Dynamic terrain changes – Some monsters can cause thebattlefield to shift during a fight, making even ground slant at anangle into a steep slope: if hunters are not careful, they could slideright out of the zone into the next area.
- Returning favourites and fresh challenges – With severalbrand new monsters such as the dark and menacing Gore Magala as well ashordes of returning favorites including the primal Tigrex, players haveaccess to the largest roster of ferocious enemies than ever before.